Sunday, March 31, 2013

The Big Day

Oh, finally I can share my story. I am officially a mother and here's how everything happened when God decide to let my daughter born to this world.


my baby

I already choose I would go with natural birth, so I tried not to complain when the contractions start to come during my final trimester. Why natural birth?

  1. I want to recover as soon as possible
  2. I want my body get back soon too (Victoria's Secret angels proof that ;)

But, it's okay with you who choose c-section, the most important thing is the baby safe, right?

 I will never forget how everything happened when the real labor really came. 


Two days real contractions.


 It was monday morning and i already felt stomachache and it happens the whole day. I was 38 1/2 weeks so i thought it was just false alarm. I tried my best to ignore it, and just go lying down on my bed, after the pain gone, i grab something to eat and lying down again when it came again. 


Tuesday morning. I still felt the pain come and go, and it didn't get any better, even it's getting worse. I couldn't get up from my bed, couldn't eat and just snuggle on my bed. I cried and my husband confused, because the contractions were getting closer but it still came every hour. 


That night the pain start getting closer and stronger and i couldn't sleep, i just gripping my husband's hand and crying. He said "I think its time", and i agreed with him. 
So, i called the doctor, it was 1.30 am, and she said just come to the hospital. We borrow my 'emergency bag', and went to the hospital. 

We arrived at 1.50 am, and the nurse checked if any dilation, and it turns out i already in 4th dilation. After that, the horror came, the pain was keep getting closer and stronger and i felt like I was punished. I couldn't scream, I just whisper to my husband "it hurts, it hurts", and until the 6th dilation,  I throw up, and snuggling again on the hospital's bed. I asked of any epidural, but the nurse said if i want to get that, then later I will end up with c-section. She said not to worry because the pain will decrease. She was right but just until the 7th dilation, after that the contractions keep getting hurt beyond any boundaries. I couldn't think anymore and couldn't open my eyes, I almost collapse.


The 9th dilation, my water broke. I shout to the nurse and said the water broke, and she checked again, finally I entered the 10th dilation. The doctor came right at the time, suddenly i hear someone yelled at me. My doctor shout at me, "Wake up, Mrs Tabitha! Open your eyes!"
My husband also shout at me. It turns out, at my 10th dilation my baby's head already visible down there. And, it's time to push her out. I didn't have power enough, so they inject me and they coach me to push again. The doctor make episiotomy and i pushed again, finally she's born to this world. She's born quite fast in this process. My opening and contractions hurt so bad until I didn't feel hurt so much on the episiotomy. My husband follow the nurse who carry my baby, while I got another shot of local anesthesia before the cut was stitched up. 

My recovery was amazingly so fast, after the cut was stitched up, I didn't feel any pain anymore! I feel like just had a nightmare, and already awake with my beautiful baby. My husband gave her to me and I breastfeed her directly. It was a wonderful moment, and I didn't sleep that night, taking care of her. I didn't know where my power and stamina comes from, but i didn't feel tired at all. I just so excited with my baby.
I lost 5 kgs from 8kgs pregnancy weight gain. And lost another kg a week later.

Now, she's already 2 months old, and I can't stop give thanks to God, after everything we've been through, finally we can be a happy family.

my body, a week after giving birth

xoxo, bee 



No comments:

Post a Comment